Our privacy statement describes the information we collect from clients and visitors to this site and explains how it is used. We are firmly committed to protecting the privacy of our clients and ensuring that it is not misused in any way.
Collection of personal information
The types of personal information collected and stored by AJSMEDIA™ might include your name, date of birth, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number and credit/debit card details (to the extent permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998 and related legislation (“the DPA”).
AJSMEDIA™ (or any of its sub-contractors) may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
- 1. Any data which you provide when you complete and submit an application to ajsmedia to register on its website(s) or receive email alerts or other communications from ajsmedia.
- 2. Any data that you provide via postings to forums and blogs and any other posting that you make to a AJSMEDIA™ website (in such circumstances the information posted by you will, of course, also be available to users of the website throughout the world).
- 3. During any transaction with us; and
- 4. Any other data which you provide to ajsmedia when you enquire about our activities, email, telephone or write to us or otherwise provide us with personal information.
AJSMEDIA™ may also receive information about you from third parties, for example a friend who wants to tell you about one of our websites.
Storage of information
AJSMEDIA™ will keep your information on a secure server. The technology that ajsmedia uses and the security policies which ajsmedia has implemented are intended to safeguard your information from unauthorised access and improper use.
Usage of information
AJSMEDIA™ may use your personal information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) for the following purposes:
- 1. Administering your website account(s) and otherwise in connection with any service for which you have provided your information, including any email alerts, transactions with us and competitions and promotions that you take part in;
- 2. Responding to any enquiry you make;
- 3. Subject to your consent, sending you newsletters and/or alerts and information regarding ajsmedia’s or any third party’s future services (in all formats to which you have consented eg post, email, text);
- 4. For generating aggregated statistics about users, traffic patterns etc of the ajsmedia website(s) and other services and developing ajsmedia’s marketing plans.
AJSMEDIA™ may also disclose your information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) as follows:
- 5. If you have given your consent for ajsmedia to do so, to other selected organisations to enable them to contact you or send you information by post, telephone and/or email;
- 6. To any service providers, sub-contractors and agents appointed by ajsmedia to perform the above functions on its behalf and in accordance with its instructions;
- 7. To third parties selected by ajsmedia as part of aggregated and anonymised statistics about users, traffic patterns etc of our website(s);
- 8. To such individuals and/or bodies as necessary to ensure ajsmedia’s compliance with any applicable law, regulation, legal proceeding or governmental reque
- 9. Where you post material that does or may constitute a criminal offence, breach the rights of a third party, give rise to a civil action or breach the Terms & Conditions of the applicable website and as otherwise necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of ajsmedia and its customers), to any relevant authority or third party requiring XTmotion to disclose the identity of or locate anyone posting such material on an ajsmedia website;
- 10. To any individual making a subject information request to ajsmedia.
In the event that AJSMEDIA™ (or a relevant part of ajsmedia) is acquired by or merges with another company, your personal information may be passed to the purchasing/merging company amongst the transferred business assets. This will enable your relationship to continue with the relevant ajsmedia business despite the change of ownership. Your personal information may also be passed (on a confidential basis) to companies with whom ajsmedia is negotiating such a sale/merger as part of the verification exercise carried out on ajsmedia by the third party.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We use both session and persistent cookies on our website. Cookies are used for the following purposes:
- Tracking use of the AJSMEDIA website to better develop it in the future.
- To speed up searches
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy” and then “Advanced”;
- in Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, “Privacy”, selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customise and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Content settings”, and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer; for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files
(you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
- in Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history”, clicking “Show Cookies”, and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customise and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Clear browsing data”, and then selecting “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data”
- 1. To access certain parts of our website, AJSMEDIA™ may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself;
- a. Provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form
(such information being the “Registration Data”);
- b. Maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it fully up to date.
Third Party Websites